LOS BARRIOS (Agencies) One of the shops in the gallery at the Carrefour shopping centre at Palmones, selling materials, was destroyed by a fire yesterday. The firefighters reported that it had been caused by a spark from the next door shop that was under renovation. The fire started shortly before 9am, when the centre was still closed to the public. By the time the fire brigade from the nearby Guadacorte station, workers had already used the extinguishers and the sprinklers had come into play. About one third of the merchandise in the shop was completely burned and practically all of the rest was damaged by smoke and water. Some of the shops in the same area were also damaged, though less so.