Thursday 19 August 2010

Julius Henry Marx, Groucho to the rest of the world, died this day 33 years ago, in 1977. He said he wanted to be buried on top of Marylin Monroe but that didn't happen. His opinion on age? "Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." His wit was second only to his wisdom; his one liners became embedded into the language. Here are some favourites: "I sent the club a wire stating, Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member." "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." "A man is as young as the woman he feels." "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." (See more quotes.)

No comments: