|Boats at Sotogrande|
LA LINEA (Agencies) The local chapter of the PSOE party now in power has asked its PP counterpart about €40,000 used to rent a sailing boat from Club Marítimo de Sotogrande. It wants to know who used the boat for a holiday in Mallorca or Ibiza at taxpayers' expense, while municipal workers suffered endless late payment of their salaries, according to a party press release. Hard knuckle confrontations between the two parties can be expected to continue, with Mayor Gemma Araujo, saying things such as, "If it was illegal, it will go to court." Some further accusations at the very beginning of her mandate:>>>
- A children's playground transported by municipal workers and vehicles to the home of a PP Councillor's daughter. (See our item here)
- Official documents ordered burned at the municipal dump, just days before the new government took over.
- Payment of pool chemicals at €7, when the real cost is €0.28.
- Washing, cleaning and fuelling of private cars at taxpayers' expense.
- Pizzas and hamburgers for PP members' children, paid for at Council expense on weekends.
- Watch this space as the list will get longer...