Tuesday 11 June 2013

Much ado about Energy Certificate: tornado of controversy on Facebook

FACEBOOK You might like to follow the thread of controversy about whether the Energy Compliance Certificate (as it's called in the UK) is obligatory or not. This follows my posting a link to the item we put up earlier on a Facebook page called Citizens Advice Bureau for Spain run by Myra Azzopardi Swainson. One of the missives therein begins as follows: "In Fairness, even though I find the attack on my person slanderous, I suggest everyone read the article posted by a Mr. Alberto Bullrich Ward. May I also add Mr Ward. That all British expats understand what the 'something like a Citizens Advice Bureau' is. I suggest that you do some research on the internet to educate yourself on the subject." Rather confusingly, I can't find the words 'something like a Citizens Advice Bureau' in our original text, nor even anything slanderous, but then, one is easily confused these days. There's what I think is a polite answer to various comments made by someone who feels attacked. As far as I am concerned, Ms Azzopardi Swainson and I are only trying to help our readers - of course, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Anyway, just make up your own mind - but remember, whether the certificate is voluntary or not at this time, at some future date you're going to need one if you're selling, renting, or getting new electricity, so save up some money 'cos cheap it ain't. (NOTE: A comment below by Myra Azzopardi Swainson herself, though Blogger is having a bad and the comments are not coming through yet - watch this space!)

No comments: